POSITION SUMMARY: The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of technology systems and equipment that support the overall function of the PCDC office. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and supporting computers, software and associated operating systems. S/he will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help PCDC staff to communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize IT efficiencies.
1. Provide service on technical help tickets submitted via phone, email, and in-person:
a. Manage level one incidents and provide updates to all users on progress and completion of requests.
b. Maintain documentation for all Service Desk and end user processes and procedures.
c. Work collaboratively with IT team in NY to provide a concierge level of service to userbase.
2. Proactively offer IT support to staff for operating systems, productivity software, and a variety of internal applications:
a. Assist users with technology updates and adoption of new tools.
b. Provide trainings to highlight new features and tips with core technology tools and applications.
3. Independently investigate and implement solutions to technical issues:
a. Diagnose recurring technical issues and implement solutions to address the root of the problems.
b. Alert management as appropriate regarding high visibility and critical issues.
4. Provide system administration for Windows servers, general networking support, and managing the backups for PCDC file servers.
5. Responsible for general IT maintenance, including keeping the hardware inventory, tracking software licenses and monitoring inventory levels of IT-provided supplies and parts.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Working knowledge of user administration and bug fixing in a client server environment.
3. Proven experience with IT support ticketing and Helpdesk systems.
4. Knowledge of VMware or other virtualization software.
5. Knowledge of scripting and how to apply it to Networking, Group polices is a strong plus.
6. Strong knowledge of Office 365, MS Teams, collaboration software and technology.
7. Knowledge of routers configuration and switches is desired.
8. Ability to install and configure modern IT applications and software.
9. Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
10. Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
11. Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
12. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2019. When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format.
The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, nongovernmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable, and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council conducts biomedical, social science, and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. Established in 1952, the Council is governed by an international board of trustees. Its New York headquarters supports a global network of country offices. We are seeking an individual to fill the position described. If you know of a qualified candidate or are interested in this position, please apply at: http://www.popcouncil.org/employment/index.asp.
The Population Council provides equal opportunity; it does not discriminate against any person with regard to age, color, creed, national origin, disability, political belief, veteran status, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Decisions on employment are based on an individual’s qualifications as related to the position for which they are being considered. The Council especially encourages applications from qualified women and members of minority groups. The Population Council is international in the composition of its board of trustees and its staff, as well as in the nature and deployment of its activities.