About Prime Impact Fund: Prime Impact Fund is a seed-stage venture capital fund investing in transformative science and engineering-based companies that can combat climate change, have a high likelihood of achieving commercial success, and would otherwise have a difficult time raising sufficient financial support. It is a program of Prime Coalition, a 501(c)(3) public charity. Learn more at www.primecoalition.org
Internship Description: We are seeking outstanding Prime Interns for Summer 2020 to support Prime Impact Fund’s investment operations. This is an opportunity to be part of a small and dynamic team innovating at the forefront of investing, philanthropy, and technology commercialization. The position has the potential to be extended beyond an initial Summer 2020 period depending on Prime’s needs and the selected Intern’s academic schedule.
The Intern’s overarching responsibility will be to assist in identifying, screening, and evaluating companies for potential investment from Prime, and to support operations in service of the identifying and screening process. Primary tasks include:
• Screening of investment opportunities for consideration by Prime Impact Fund, based on quality of technology and team, potential for impact, and fit for catalytic capital.
• Assisting in analysis of investment opportunities and preparation of diligence materials, as needed.
• Expanding and maintaining the set of pipeline partners that contribute to Prime’s investment funnel and simplifying regular communications with those partners to facilitate their additions to Prime’s funnel
• Updating Prime’s registry of climate-focused early-stage ventures and working closely with the Prime Impact Fund team to configure the registry for ease of use. This may include writing scripts to incorporate companies from online databases (e.g. Cleantech Group’s i3 database) and those inbound from Prime’s website, filtering in relevant companies from incubator portfolios, business plan competitions, and government funding logs.
• Pursuing undergraduate or master’s degree (including MBAs), and/or relevant work experience in energy, climate, startups, science, engineering, finance, and/or philanthropy. Technical background preferred.
• Exceptionally organized and technologically proficient, with demonstrated ability to design new work systems for organizational efficiency
• Highly mission-oriented
• Ability to work independently and take initiative on self-directed projects
• Ability to represent Prime with utmost professionalism and to cultivate fruitful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.