Target Start Date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Reports To: VP, Client Services
Location: San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, and Honolulu, HI
Carbon Lighthouse seeks an Executive Account Manager on the Client Services team to help us grow our clean energy services company, which is mission-driven to stop climate change. Did you know that 40% of carbon emissions come from the built environment in the US? Join us in solving this problem by building deep customer satisfaction and loyalty while managing complex programs for commercial real estate.
The person right for this role knows how to deliver excellent customer service and increase existing customer loyalty by taking ownership over the client experience internally, inspiring colleagues to manage and exceed expectations, resolve problems effectively and foster trust and satisfaction. They will serve as a guide to the various client representatives including real estate owners and operators through the implementation of our services. We foster long-term relationships, and are looking for a relationship master who can help us turn pilot projects into larger scale programs.
The ideal candidate will possess superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage relationships and details small and large across numerous projects and clients across the U.S. Through proactive communication, consistency, and enthusiasm the Client Service Lead will advance our brand with the highest integrity and help us establish the Client Services function as a key growth driver for the company.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly value question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Achieve a high-level of customer loyalty and satisfaction by providing excellent client service to all client stakeholders.
- Lead account engagement and relationships throughout implementation (essentially construction) through ongoing energy performance management, and then expansion into additional buildings.
- Build rapport, trust, and mutual understanding with clients in various roles throughout the organization and individual properties.
- Work with Sales and Engineering counterparts and VP of Client Services to deliver consistent results to our clients in line with the Carbon Lighthouse service vision and contractual obligations.
- Proactively communicate timeline, outcome expectations, and savings performance on a quarterly and annual basis to all relevant client stakeholders through years of contractual obligations.
- Partner with Engineering counterparts to understand client needs and issues arising at buildings, support timely resolution to maintain positive client sentiment.
- Manage all changes and addendums to client contracts as scopes of work evolve, including financial modeling.
- Ensure clients in various roles within their organization receive appreciation through CL’s Client Recognition program.
- Communicate milestone achievements and initiate prompt and accurate billing, in coordination with Accounting, in accordance with the contract terms for each site.
- Support new business development by working with Sales and Engineering counterparts to identify and act on additional savings opportunities in client buildings and expand services within client portfolios.
- Proactively seek and respond to client feedback, share insights within Client Services team.
- Communicate inquiries and issues being expressed by clients internally, develop recommendations to problems, escalate internally as needed to respond or resolve.
- Suggest and support improvements to the Company and in particular, the Client Services team’s tools, processes.
- Be creative and devoted to helping us build and improve our client services function, which is relatively new for the company (1+ years in operation)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Required minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer focused position
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Demonstrated strengths in problem solving
- Excellent work habits and organizational skills
- Clear verbal and written communicator, with consistent and transparent decision making
- Proven customer service experience and desire to deliver beneficial solutions to clients
- Ability to work across diverse teams, including Engineering, Sales, Accounting, and Marketing
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRMs
- Self-motivated & passionate with the ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, as well as a rapid and ever-changing environment
- Proactive, never-fail attitude in the face of adversity
- Experience with cash flow modeling
- Experience in real estate or a quota-bearing role selling an elective, enterprise service or product