As the Manager, Electrical and Electronic Systems Integration, you will be architecting and validating a wide variety of electrical interfaces, user-facing parts and assemblies, and firmware, for automotive interior and exterior environments, and taking them from concept to mass production. In this highly cross-functional role, you will need to develop requirements, solve challenging design problems, create and test firmware and hardware prototypes, and coordinate projects under tight timelines. Our team is rapidly growing, and you'll have the opportunity to be involved in nearly every aspect of the vehicle development lifecycle, from concept design to supplier selection, all the way to final full-vehicle bring-up and manufacturing line logistics.
- Develop novel architectures and communications interfaces to solve complex HMI interactions.
- Create novel networking interfaces for next-generation connected vehicle applications.
- Engage the design and development engineers across the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions.
- Break down new, high level feature requests into subsystem and component level requirements, and drive the implementation, testing and release of these features against Zoox firmware release plan.
- Review potential failure modes and effects to influence these requirements.
- Develop overall validation strategy for these features and work with validation teams to ensure test coverage is implemented for future firmware releases.
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development and firmware validation teams to understand new component level hardware changes which are being developed and how to support them for production and field deployment.
- Develop and execute firmware/hardware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features to rapidly retire risk from new designs.
- Dig into data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solutions.
- Work with manufacturing and with service to ensure the functions are implemented and functioning properly. This can include the development of processes, diagnostic tools and methods, and root cause diagnosis for product issues.
- A degree in Electrical or Mechatronics engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in electrical design and integration; automotive or safety-critical industry experience a plus, including high-reliability systems.
- 2+ years leading small teams in executing to product development timelines.
- Familiarity with sensor technologies used in automotive applications (ADAS development and integration experience a plus).
- Experience modeling network traffic and bus loads, especially fault-tolerant architectures.
- Experience with Vector or PEAK Tools.
- Ethernet and wireless/mobile networking experience, particularly in an automotive environment.
- Audio systems experience a plus.
- Experience with using O-Scopes and Signal Analyzers to debug electronic assemblies.
- Ability to work with PCBA schematics for debugging purposes.
ABOUT ZOOXZoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.