A successful candidate for this role will have strong project management and organization skills to complement his/her technical skills. This individual will work with a team of developers and other infrastructure engineers to design, implement, and maintain Zoox's global, internal, and external cloud infrastructure.
Zoox IT Operations is growing. We support the infrastructure platforms for all of Zoox either in-house, in our data centers, or in the cloud. Maturing platforms like monitoring and logging will be key to the success of the hyper scale Zoox is heading. Having a dedicated Linux Admin, someone who can run and suggest feed back to the engineers building our systems, will be vital.
- Administrate Linux systems and applications.
- Deploy new systems in a rapidly expanding environment
- Participate in IP management, DNS administration, and hardening efforts.
- Participate and mature our patching, upgrading and maintenance activities
- Using Zoox’s existing tools track and monitor key metrics and logs
- Maintain monitoring systems and participate in creating new monitoring solutions
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
- Ability to travel to Sunnyvale and Menlo Park datacenters as needed.
- Willingness to participate in occasional project activities in off-hours, including weekends.
- Minimum of 5 years of Linux system administration experience (Ubuntu/Debian preferred)
- Demonstrable advanced skills in Linux concepts, administration, and troubleshooting
- Exposure to AWS EC2/S3
- Experience with VMWare solutions
- Experience with system deployment tools (Cobbler, Digital Rebar, etc.)
- Exposure to Linux GPU compute systems desired
- Some scripting abilities (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with orchestration: Ansible (preferred), Chef or Puppet
- Experience with enterprise-level production environments required
- Experience with PXE booting and network imaging/installs
- Experience with Nagios or other monitoring suites is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with packagement systems
- Docker / Kubernetes experience
- Experience with Windows Server management
- Data center management software (Device42)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.