As Manager of System V&V (verification and validation) at Zoox you will define and implement how autonomous vehicles are tested. You are responsible for ensuring the system is tested using a V&V process that results in end-to-end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements, and which will ultimately lead to vehicle certification.You will be working with various hardware and software engineering teams to release safety-critical features and products with urgency and high quality.
- Lead and develop an engineering team that is responsible to define and perform system level verification and validation, and to ensure safety compliance of our features and products
- Establish strategic plans, objectives and clear deliverables for the system V&V team, covering system verification, robustness testing and regression testing
- Plan, prepare and execute system level hardware and software testing, including hardware-in-the-loop and on-vehicle testing
- Develop tools and methods for conducting system tests and analyzing data for safety-critical applications
- Drive optimizations in the various test processes to increase coverage, quality and efficiencyInterface with multi-functional engineering teams to develop test systems and ensure test coverage
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 12+ years of test engineering experience in the automobile, aerospace or medical device industry, with 5+ of these years in people management
- Extensive experience developing and executing test plans for complex safety-critical systems and regression testingAnalytical skills and experience with system level failure analysis and root cause analysis
- Experience with product development cycle management from concept to product manufacturing and deployment
- System validation experience according to standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Formal Qualification Testing
- Aerospace, automotive or medial systems certification experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.