As a Manager of Test Engineering in Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build & test prototype sensor and compute hardware. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the development of manufacturing functional tests for PCBAs, subassemblies and final products. The candidate will also define test strategy and manufacturing test plan for the new products to ensure product functionality is tested appropriately in a low-volume manufacturing environment.
In this role, Test Engineering Manager will contribute to and oversee the conversion of product performance specifications into a workable test solution. The candidate will participate in creating automated and manual test plans, perform hands-on device measurements, product characterization and optimization, bench and automation troubleshooting. Candidate will summarize and present data reviews which will serve as a basis for product acceptance and release to products to our vehicle integration team.
- Lead and manage AHMO’s Hardware Reliability Test Engineering group
- Grow and develop a team of Test Engineers and Technicians
- Define validation requirements in collaboration with design and reliability engineers
- Define and lead DFMEA action plans
- Project management for the validation and test phases of supported projects, including reporting to leadership
- Drive resolution of test findings
- You will be working closely with the circuit design engineers and manufacturing engineers to ensure that electronics for Zoox's robots are manufactured to high standards.
- Support and improve ongoing production test sequences for engineering deviations, quick iteration in the design cycle is very important at Zoox.
- Develop, document, and execute electronic board and system level testing to ensure adequate test capability for engineering and production builds that will scale with company milestones.
- Perform first article verification of prototype designs
- Develop test algorithms, automated test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems, test fixtures, and data repository to support prototype and production testing with focus on repeatability and reliability
- Establish system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance
- Analyze test results, work with design team to identify test failure root cause, implement, and verify corrective actions and solution effectiveness
- Set up lab test infrastructure and coordinate facility installations
- Participate in overall EE board level design, development, and review work
- Work closely with R&D team to ensure test equipment/software/processes for new designs meet specifications for low volume manufacturing environment and to resolve issues encountered during the test.
- Analyze manufacturing yield issues and field failures to determine hardware test coverage. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and to define manufacturing test strategy for new products.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to expand testing capacity.
- 10+ years’ experience developing and leading validation, manufacturing engineering, or quality teams in an NPI environment
- 5+ years' experience in aerospace, automotive or similar high-reliability engineering environment
- Experience developing test software and systems
- Experience with sensors, mechatronics, and thermal management systems preferred
- MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in developing scalable and automated test platform
- Python and/or C++ programming experience
- Experience in analog and power electronics design
- Experience in computer architecture, assembly, and test methods
- Experience working in and developing scripts in Ubuntu
- Experience working with automotive communications, such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, etc
- Familiarity with automotive testing standards
ABOUT ZOOXZoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.