In this role you will take on the management and design responsibilities to ensure that all packaging coming to Zoox is optimized for protection of product and minimal cost. To accomplish this, you will collaborate with suppliers and other teams within Zoox. Since this role is unique within Zoox, the team will look to you as an authority on packaging design.
- Determine the most logical packaging design responsibilities (Zoox / Supplier)
- Manage supplier packaging design and development process, and own Zoox packaging design responsibilities
- Determine best method of shipping (returnable versus disposable)
- Ensure that packaging interfaces with custom production automation equipment and material handling equipment
- Support automation equipment design as part of the project team developing new custom automation equipment
- Work with the Vehicle Engineering team to understand part design in order to develop highly optimized packaging solutions for a wide range of parts
- Develop and execute packaging validation and approval process
- Experienced with packaging design for a wide range of part sizes, shapes and weights
- Experienced with domestic and international packaging regulations
- Packaging design experience with thermo-formed trays, steel racks and returnable dunnage
- Knowledgeable about packaging design for logistics optimization
- Experience working with a production organization
- Ready to get into the details to understand and solve technical problems
- Ready to turn a wrench as needed to get the job done
- Strong communicator
- B.S. or M.S. in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of Packaging CAD Design experience (SolidWorks, Catia)
- Automation equipment design experience is a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.