We’re looking for a candidate who is well-versed in C/C++ and familiar with writing system software on Linux. As a systems programmer you have a passion for designing, implementing and testing systems code which includes the Linux kernel and drivers, as well as low-level development in embedded environments. A great candidate has enough experience to know that hardware and other systems never behave exactly as described, and has developed a healthy “trust but verify” attitude towards system inputs and outputs.
What you'll do
- Work with other software developers and engineers to develop cutting-edge vehicle system software that is robust, secure, and reliable
- Develop, maintain and guide the testing of software frameworks with a substantial low-level elements such as bring-up, kernel configuration, drivers, networking
- Develop, maintain and test software that interfaces with audio inputs and outputs, distributed HCI modules, as well as sensors, actuators and other hardware
- Define and implement frameworks for error detection, error reporting and error handling
- Learn about, and analyze a variety of frameworks and deliverables from Zoox suppliers and internal teams, and understand how they interact among each other and with the underlying OS and hardware; leverage this understanding to formulate a direction for internal and external work or bug fixing, as well as execute that direction first-hand where applicable
- Analyze whole-system performance to identify potential bottlenecks and issues where systems may be under-provisioned or misconfigured and formulate, direct, and execute ways to address those issues
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Proficient in C/C++ as well as *nix shell scripting
- Proven experience with Linux specifically
- Systems programming experience
- Kernel-userspace interface development experience
- Familiarity with networking, TCP/IP and sockets programming and advanced networking concepts, including as implemented and applied in Linux
- MS or above, with a focus on Networking, Operating Systems, or Computer Security, or equivalent rigorous work experience
- Experience with building backend systems, and the system-wide implications of different approaches taken
- Experience and great intuition about web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Familiarity with basic machine learning concepts
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.