We are seeking a controls engineer with strong Control Law derivation, analysis and test experience. This engineer will work with other members of the systems engineering team to analyze vehicle controllers and develop/validate performance requirements to support the vehicle safety case.
- Develop Matlab/Simulink/CarMaker based tools for analysis of vehicle control systems
- Develop vehicle performance requirements based on control system analyses
- Validate requirements through the use of simulations, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and in-vehicle testing
- Develop vehicle dynamics fault monitors
- Create test plans and run frequency response tests for actuators and vehicle dynamics.
- Compose automated test scripts for system integration verification
- Troubleshoot test failures, identify root cause and recommend corrective actions
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science (Masters preferred)
- Strong knowledge of control theory, mechanical and electrical control systems
- Strong knowledge of System ID and Frequency Analysis techniques
- Strong knowledge of vehicle handling, ride and tire dynamics
- Experience working with one or more of these tools: Carmaker, Carsim, dSPACE ASM
- Experience working with these tools: Vector CANalyzer, AB Dynamics Flex-0, OxTS RT3000, dSPACE MicroAutoBox, IPG CarMaker.
- 3+ years experience with technical systems
- 5+ years experience with MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.