As a systems engineering manager at Zoox you will be leading members of the functional safety and system design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. This specific team is focused on environment perception and inertial sensing as well as overall monitoring of the vehicle status. You will be responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to-end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements. This includes the creation of functional requirements for the design as well as related validation and verification tasks.
- Manage a group of engineers (both technical leadership and people management)
- Define product requirements and functional safety targets in cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with hardware (EE/ME) and software design teams to ensure implementations meet requirements and desired functionality
- Drive implementation of systems engineering processes with design teams and conduct cross-functional reviews of requirements and test cases
- Drive and document quantitative and qualitative functional safety (e.g., HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs, FMEDAs) and conduct cross-functional reviews of requirements and test cases
- Review deliverables from 3rd party suppliers to ensure safety requirements are met
- Proven ability to manage, develop and deliver safety critical system products
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive, Aerospace, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 7+ years of work experience with emphasis on systems level design and validation
- 3+ years of people management experience, ideally in a startup environment
- 3+ years of experience developing functional safety based environment perception systems
- Familiar with current AI/ML based machine vision and classification techniques
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Well established technical expert in a sensing related engineering discipline, preferably sensor hardware and software for autonomous vehicles
- Analytical skills and experience with data analysis using tools like Matlab, Python or C++
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO-21448, ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508 or military equivalents
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion or DOORS
- Familiarity with test and validation including SIL/HIL
- Experience with product development cycle management from concept to product manufacturing and deployment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.