The Technical Illustrator on the Zoox BaseOps team will provide image services for BaseOps publications, including service bulletins, service manuals, and emergency-responder manuals. They will work with the Technical Writer and other members of the BaseOps team to produce clean, clear image assets that have a consistent design and Zoox-centric look and feel.
Please include a link or attachment with your non-proprietary/non-confidential portfolio or work examples with your application.
- Create complex graphics, charts, two and three-dimensional drawings for use in technical documents and publications
- Create exploded views of assemblies, parts catalog illustrations, isometric parts breakdown assembly drawings, and electrical schematic wiring diagrams.
- Generate illustrations from photographs
- Participate in the validation process of illustrations
- Support the development of technical writing content that will be utilized by our front-line teams
- Be responsible for the information exchange between the teams, maintaining a common look and feel to all illustrations produced
- Participate in technical meetings with the members of the project
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a technical illustrator
- Proficient in CATIA v5, Solidworks, Keyshot, Blender
- Proficiency in Adobe software, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to visualize 3D perspective from 2D drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a team player attitude
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload to achieve project deliverable deadlines
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with minimal guidance; a self-starter with the ability to build relationships across the company
- Experience with Oxygen Editor/Author or DITA XML
- Experience using Dozuki work instruction software
- Experience with electric vehicles and autonomous systems technology
- Experience in a Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organization
ABOUT ZOOXZoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.