Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
Impossible foods is looking for a Director of Operations to lead the operations team, within our Oakland manufacturing facility. This is a “hands-on” role that requires a passion for operations and the production line. This position is directly responsible for the outcome of our production floor, so your focus and bandwidth will need to be prioritized accordingly. As Director of Operations, you should expect to spend most of your time on the production floor.
The objective of this role is to drive the success of our Production, Maintenance and Warehouse departments. In this role you will oversee a department of over 150 employees, and directly manage 4 departmental managers. You will report to the Plant Director, who oversees all functional groups within the Oakland Facility.
- Drive an operational performance agenda with a focus on safety, quality, operational standardization and continuous improvement.
- Generate departmental KPIs and achieve the targets agreed upon with the Plant Director. to ensure that performance metrics meet customer and excel (Balanced Scorecard) contractual requirements
- For each department within the Operations organizational structure, the Director of Operations is responsible for strategy, goal setting and KPI-based results.
- Work directly with Quality, Safety, Operational Excellence and Materials Managers to support the production line and its employees.
- Drive accountability for warehouse inventory accuracy. Standardize the receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely processing of ingredients, supplies and finished goods.
- Ensure compliance to all accounting, operational, regulatory and administrative policies and procedures.
- Continuously improve operational workflow by monitoring steps of the process; observing control points and equipment; setting process standards; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Provide essential manufacturing data to the Plant Director by generating, analyzing and distilling production performance records and data.
- Lead in the hiring and training of new employees. Work directly with HR to maintain career paths for your employees.
- Work with HR to resolve personnel problems. This often requires investigations, coaching and disciplinary action.
- Set plant-wide standards: develop protocols, train and enforce best-in-class systems, policies, and procedures.
- At least 7 years of leadership experience required at the management level or above.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Masters preferred.
- Outstanding leadership qualities are a must. You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive foundation of manufacturing knowledge.
- Experience in implementing and/or building systems for ERP & TPM.
- Working Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, Quality related policies, Receiving, Shipping and Storage programs.
- Quick, rational, data analysis skills are required.
- In this leadership role, you will set the standard for professional behavior and demeanor at all times.
- Within your team, you will set a high bar for responsibility, accountability and follow-up.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics