Climate.Careers helps talented jobseekers find high-impact jobs at organizations working to solve climate change. We support those organizations by helping them attract mission-driven talent.
Our mission is to mobilize the world's talent to solve the climate crisis.
Podcast Production Internship Description:
Our team is looking to add a production intern to our team who will help record, edit, and promote Climate.Careers’s new podcast series. The podcast will feature conversations with prominent leaders in the climate community.
This internship is designed for someone who is:
- Passionate about creating climate-focused content, and has experience (or a strong desire to learn) in recording and editing podcast episodes
- Highly detail oriented, highly deadline oriented; ideally, you already use a calendar app to organize and execute on all your tasks
- Ready and eager to professionally communicate one-on-one with prominent climate leaders
- Help identify great prospective guests, and interact with them through emails or phone calls to schedule in-person or remote interviews.
- Post-production: Cutting, editing, and mixing each audio element into one single-file, high quality audio track. Coordinate with guests to make sure they approve the final version, and make edits based on their feedback before publishing.
- Working with guests and team members to publish and promote the episodes; make sure that the guests are promoting the content whenever/wherever possible.
- Helping create and execute on a promotional strategy for the entire podcast series; leverage the podcast series to help build media partnerships.
- Publishing episodes to Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Podcasts
- Experience in (or a strong desire and ability to learn) audio production and/or audio engineering, mixing, and editing
- Familiarity with audio programs such as Audacity, Logic, Ableton, Garageband, or Adobe Audition (preferred).
- Note necessary, but nice to have: Experience in marketing, social media, or content promotion.
An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, but can also work autonomously, meet deadlines, and execute strategically without explicit instructions.
Location: Remote okay, but Bay Area preferred, ideally based in Berkeley, Oakland, or San Francisco.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. However, you will gain a portfolio of professional-level audio work, and develop connections with climate leaders and leading climate-focused organizations.
We're mobilizing the world's talent to solve the climate crisis.