Perfect Day is working to commercialize the first animal-free dairy protein made through fermentation in flora. We are seeking a Director of Corporate Communications, reporting to the CEO/Co-Founder, to collaborate with senior executives and other leaders to help build global awareness of Perfect Day, its mission, culture and innovative products. The Director of Corporate Communications, in partnership with the Marketing and Communications team, will ensure Perfect Day’s story is communicated across multiple channels and platforms, including print, online, broadcast and social media, relevant sites and conferences. This position will help us to engage with the dairy industry and speak about cellular agriculture broadly in a regulatory context and with potential partners (e.g. co-ops) in the global dairy industry. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, passion for sustainable, cruelty-free food, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with leadership, execute key company announcements including development and review of corporate communications materials.
- Write press releases, scripts, speeches, corporate slide decks, key messages and Q&As, fact sheets, website updates, preparedness materials, and briefing documents.
- Direct and deliver effective executive communications and thought leadership.
- Creates and maintains a corporate calendar of key events and ensures external message alignment across teams for major announcements.
- Creates, updates and maintains corporate communications and social media guidelines and policies, ensuring understanding internally.
- Works to establish and cultivate media relationships with Perfect Day leadership and secures coverage of key company milestones.
- Acts as thought partner with leadership on media strategy and overall reputation/awareness building activities.
- Optimizes media monitoring and insights, journalist and press coverage tracking.
- Identifies key issues that may potentially impact company reputation and ensures preparedness and alignment across functions and teams.
- Create proactive strategy and response for global geopolitical PR issues.
- Manage public relations agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Masters in Global Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of communications and/or PR experience, including a minimum 1 year at an agency. Experience in life sciences or another highly regulated industry a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and confidently at the C-suite level and can execute flawlessly under pressure, managing tight deadlines.
- Plans creatively and leverages existing resources to effectively deliver high-impact communications.
- Solid understanding and ability to execute on digital and social media channels.
- Outstanding collaborative skills with proven success influencing external and internal groups, including contributing to and leading cross-functional and matrix teams.
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestic and international.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills with proven track-record in translating complex scientific concepts into powerful corporate messages, particularly in written materials.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong team spirit.