With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
In this role, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of customer engagement. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluation, working as a key advisor and advocate for our products and solutions, engaging with customers in person or on the phone, performing engineering site assessments and developing recommendations to assist customers with deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. You will also be responsible for developing RFP responses and providing training on our products.
The applicant must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage their time.
Travel requirement: up to 50% travel within the United States and Canada.
• Develop and deliver presentations to partners and customers in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of ChargePoint solutions
• Act as a technical consultant, learning and understanding customer needs and developing the right solutions; working with product management to help align product development with customer and market needs.
• Responsible for providing technical training on our products and solutions to ChargePoint sales, partners, as well as end customers
• Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to sell against the competition
• Responsible for identifying technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction and proactively work to resolve such issues
• Provide both general “best practice” and site-specific engineering recommendations for civil and electrical infrastructure and telecommunications (cellular and WiFi); analyze and perform detailed calculations for electrical service load profiling, capacity planning, and energy management
• Maintain knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
• Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs; assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work) and other proposals
• Respond to Information Security / Information Technology (IS/IT) questions related to network security and data privacy
Desired Skills and Experience:
• B.S or M.S in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of combined experience in technical sales or technical consulting
• Experience should include some combination of: electrical engineering, telecommunications, information technology, software development, technical writing
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer facing and relationship building skills