With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director, Construction
ChargePoint is seeking a California Development Project Manager who will be responsible for accelerating ChargePoint’s success building electric vehicle charging sites in California. This is a mid-level position reporting directly to the Senior Director of Construction. The California Development Project Manager will work closely with the Incentives Program Manager, and Incentive Sales Executive to guide strategic incentive projects from design all the way through construction and activation. The position is measured by and expected to support the achievement of all agreed upon project milestones for California based construction projects supported by state and local rebate programs.
What You Will Be Doing
• Coordinate and perform site walks to guide cost effective and expedient site builds
• Coordinate and manage construction contractors. This includes cost negotiation, contract management, communication and coordination of project activities. Scheduled weekly meetings and diligent follow-ups are required to ensure construction related activities advance at all locations
• Coordinate and manage relationships with key contracts at partner electric utilities. Scheduled weekly meetings and diligent follow-ups are required to ensure utility activities advance at all locations
• Evaluate site host properties for the proper placement of EV chargers, considering factors such as site host preferences, where electricity is distributed onto the property, how close electrical supply is to areas under consideration for EV charger installation, availability of enough 3 phase power needed for product installation, ADA requirements etc.
• Work with ChargePoint’s sales operations and purchasing teams to provide subcontractors with purchase orders and manage shipment of materials
• Conduct engineering and construction coordination activities (i.e. phone call with site host and installer) to ensure consistent deliverables and aligned expectations for all parties
• Record and track project milestones to ensure installs are completed in a timely manner
• Coordinate with internal team and external contractors to review, approve and execute any change orders for charger installations
• Ensure that all contractors deliver to ChargePoint’s strict standards for quality, safety and professionalism
• Maintain project schedules by coordinating between site host, subcontractors, and utility planners
• Expedite project close-out requirements including approval on as-built drawings, design revisions, and rough underground/electrical
• Provide the project team with feedback to help improve processes and follow through to implement those improvements
• This role requires up to 50% of travel in western U.S
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
• 5+ years’ experience in construction project management, preferably with electrical and civil infrastructure deployment on commercial properties
• Understanding of AC/DC power profiles, transformer equipment, mechanical diagrams, construction drawings, and permit packages
• Passion for craftsmanship with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to travel with little to no notice; must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and good driving record
• A diligent reporter that takes time to document activities with a proficiency using tracking tools such as SalesForce.com, Excel and other project tracking tools
• Proven ability to converse with and persuade stakeholders at all levels of management
• Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and efficiently
• Effective listening skills, ensuring the site host needs are clearly understood and charging stations are placed in locations that meet site host and program requirements, while also ensuring construction will happen within program budgets
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Superior professionalism and judgment with a strong work ethic
• Bachelor’s degree desired, preferably related to construction or electrical design
• Knowledge of electric vehicles and charging dynamics is preferred but not required
• Excellent people skills and an positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Strong computer skills