With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Embedded Software Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding engineer interested in applying creativity and a broad skill-set toward building cutting-edge software for a next generation vehicle charging platform. You will work independently on architecture, design, implementation, and testing of new systems in a rapidly evolving problem-space.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Create local and distributed control and management subsystems for power modules, vehicle communications, and user interfaces.
- Work on platform software including Linux BSP, board bring-up, Linux kernel, diagnostics, and communication interfaces including CAN, RS-232/485, I2C, SPI, Modbus, and PPP.
- Support of real-time cloud management and remote administration.
- Opportunities to become involved in UI and UX design and machine learning.
- Wireless networking, including LTE, Wi-Fi, and BLE.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and globally with hardware and cloud engineering teams to define specifications, features, and APIs.
- Participate in design and code reviews, as well as mentor other members of the team.
- (M.S. desired) in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in developing embedded system products using C/C++, Python.
- Expert-level C coding in a Linux environment is a requirement.
- Experience with Linux BSP platform including custom board bring up, U-Boot, kernel, device drivers, file systems (ext4, UBIFS, JFFS2), sound system (ALSA), Camera, and system software.
- Experience in asynchronous event driven architecture and developing scalable and latency-optimized distributed application services in mesh network.
- Experience in PCI-DSS compliance secured cloud connectivity applications using HTTPS, Websockets, JSON, XML, Efficient Extensible Interchange (EXI), protobuf, openssl, IPSec, VPN, MAC filters, and network firewalls.
- Familiarity with the Yocto, buildroot, GCC, toolchain, Make, CMake, git, gdb, core dumps.
- Exposure in connectivity architecture using Wireless (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC), and wired (Ethernet) interfaces a plus.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Experience with EV charging standards like ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, CHAdeMO, and SAE J1772.
- Working knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Facial and gesture recognition using TensorFlow and OpenCV is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.