With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Senior Vice President, Operations
What You Will Be Doing
The Vice President Support Service Manger will be a forward-thinking leader and administrator, with a strong work ethic and extensive experience in managing, mentoring and motivating staff. The candidate must be passionate about Customer Service and possess the ability to inspire those working toward accomplishing the common objectives of ChargePoint and its Customer facing functions. The Vice President, Support Service is responsible for operating the Field Support business in a manner that successfully balances our service to our customers, with financial performance and employee performance. The Vice President is accountable for developing and implementing the strategic vision and goals of the Field Service organization aligned closely with the Customer Care and other business functions for future success. Currently the role will be responsible for NA and Europe and be able to scale to other markets.
Our partners deliver or participate in the make ready/construction, installation and maintenance of all the ChargePoint charging stations. This individual will be directly responsible for ensuring the suppliers are meeting the company’s quality objectives consistently, at the best possible cost, and within the set SLA’s.
In addition to managing field service partners, the role will also oversee ChargePoint’s own group of field service individuals. This includes general leadership responsibilities as well as safety protocols, productivity, and scheduling.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Provide visionary planning, strategic leadership and tactical management for ChargePoint’s Support Service line of business.
- Achieve effective and ongoing communication with peers, employees and Executive leadership within ChargePoint and equally among our customers and partners.
- Oversee the high-quality delivery of ChargePoint services to EV Drivers, EVSE Owners and Channel Partners
- Effectively motivate and manage a technical staff to high productivity, low turnover, and job satisfaction. Manage all employees per ChargePoint’s human resources policies and procedures that fully comply with current laws and regulations.
- Prepare and gain approval for financial budgets including bottom line P&L achievement accountability.
- Report on progress of performance regularly to employees, peers, executives and board members.
- Develop and perform regular customer satisfaction measurements with ongoing plans for continuous improvement.
- Able to deploy and manage consistent, structured and disciplined systems, policies, procedures and practices to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery, that is consistent with company objectives and customer expectations while maintaining ongoing cost structure efficiencies.
- Strong leadership to manage a growing geographically diverse team of direct reports and contract relationships.
- Collaborate with other Functional Executives to create and deliver effective and efficient operational practices that meet our Customers’ high expectations of us while achieving our business objectives.
- 15+ years relevant experience in managing field service partners either directly or through a vendor relationship with at least five years in an executive leadership position.
- Demonstrated the ability to build an organization from scratch and scale to support major geographical roles.
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage vendor contracts in currently served markets.
- Build up internal relationships to craft and build service products with high margin potential.
- Identify or develop organizations to become world class while creating necessary business process to increase efficiencies and reach key business metrics.
- Possess a passion for high quality service and the leadership skills to keep the Support Service team motivated, passionate and performing at a high level.
- Proven record of simultaneous high-performance P&L and Customer Satisfaction delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Drive and desire to move an organization forward and values integrity and honesty.
- Exceptional communication skills to include oral, written and public speaking skills.
- Must be an enabler with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and create a high-functioning team orientated culture.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and possess a bias toward action; able to make decisions and own the consequences of those decisions.
- Must possess Customer management skills to resolve Customer issues to a high degree of satisfaction.
- Likes working in a start-up environment and has the ability to create inclusive and trusting work environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure, to accomplish tasks on time and with high quality results.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent desirable.
- Experience in heavy industrial equipment and/or power electronics industries preferred.
- Positive attitude who likes to make the work place fun, and sees all problems as opportunities and comes up with solutions that are outside of the box.
- Person who is never satisfied by the status quo and continually understand new tools and trends that impact their space.
- Able to prioritize multiple demands and understand when to take necessary risks for appropriate rewards.
- Proven track record of building organizations from scratch quickly.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact