One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to increase the global community's resilience to natural hazards. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate and motivated Computer Vision Data Scientist to join our team. In your role, you will join our ongoing efforts in creating high-resolution and multi-faceted datasets about cities that we are deploying our products in. These datasets improve the accuracy of our modeling of live and future natural hazards, help governments make important data-driven decisions about evacuation and mitigation, and enable our services to be deployed anywhere in the world.
Daily responsibilities to include:
- Training deep learning based computer vision models that estimates socio-economic and built environment characteristics, and natural hazard impacts, etc. from overhead and street-level imagery
- Creating replicable and scalable microservices that trains, updates and runs models, ingests satellite data, and renders usable data products for downstream consumption
- Brainstorming about new datasets and methods to improve our knowledge of cities that deploy our services
- We love to hear what you have done, even if it’s not for work! We want to see that you understand the challenges of building a machine learning/deep learning pipeline from data ingestion to processing to training and finally to evaluation
- 2-3 years of related industry experience working on computer vision/deep learning problems
- There are many libraries out there, but you should have experience in at least one of the following: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Torch, MXNet
- You know how convolutions, gradient descent and back-propagation work.
- You enjoy creative and structured problem solving. You like the challenge of working on complex challenges, and are capable of breaking a larger problem into sizeable, edible chunks to work on
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and not well defined objectives
Bonus points if you have
- Worked with Lidar data, sensor fusion, multi-band satellite data and depth estimation
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the differences amongst the alphabet soup of neural network architectures, from GoogLeNet to NASNet
- Experience applying latest advances in deep learning and computer vision research to real-world problems
- Participated and won Kaggle and other open data science challenges, especially computer vision related competitions
- Professional experience working in engineering teams, and with tools like Git, Jira
- Professional experience in at least one programming language like Python, C++, Scala, Go