One Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk so disasters aren’t so disastrous.
At One Concern, we believe an informed world is an inherently fairer one. Because incomplete information leads to false assumptions and poor decisions. That’s how cities are built in the wrong places, businesses are left inoperable after the shocks of natural hazards, and vulnerable people in communities are left paying the price. We believe we can change this. We believe that by pioneering cutting-edge science, we can make disasters less disastrous. And ultimately, realize planetary-scale resilience.
One Concern is seeking a curious and creative individual who thrives on solving challenging problems and is able to boil highly technical concepts down to simple terms. Based out of our headquarters in Menlo Park, the Insurance Solutions Strategist will be challenged daily to translate insurance customer needs and requirements into tangible offerings from One Concern’s product suite. The role requires both an ability to achieve buy-in from internal stakeholders on customer needs, provide key customer feedback from the insurance sector back to product teams, as well as communicate capabilities, technical methodologies, validation methodologies, etc. to insurance customers in simple terms. As such, experience working closely with or at insurance companies is highly preferred. You will form strong relationships across One Concern, from various executives and stakeholders across our HQ and offices in the US and Japan.
- MS or PhD in Engineering (Experience in AI / Statistical Modeling)
- 1-3 years of software or data science engineering experience
- 3-5 years of Insurance client-facing consultant experience
- Strategic, creative, problem-solving mindset obsessed with solving problems
- Expertise in catastrophe modeling for the insurance sector
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ownership and accountability in his or her work
- Mission driven
- Interact routinely with engineering and data science to keep up-to-date on the latest engineering architectures, security protocols, and data science models and architectures and validation methodologies
- Support pre-sales efforts to craft technical sales materials to explain One Concern technology accurately and with significant depth
- Travel to clients, (approx. 15%) and support sales reps to field technical questions and provide details on our technical solutions. You will be the customer-facing representative of the engineering and data science teams.
- Craft solution packages closely with technical teams and write business terms for clients based on the technical requirements
- Support post-sales efforts to configure One Concern products for insurance clients and ensure a smooth onboarding and hand-off to Customer Success
- MBA from a prestigious institution
- Experience with disaster management or business continuity