About Pivot Bio
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read more about Pivot Bio in Grist or Wired.
Position: Agronomy Drone and Sensors Research Technician US Midwest, St. Louis MO preferred.
The Field Technology & Product Development teams work together to deploy advanced technology to our product research field trials, such as drones, robotics, and sensors at trials throughout the United States. The Drone and Sensor Technician will be responsible for deploying drones and novel sensors at these sites, assuring high quality data is collected for analysis.
- Serves as technical expert on UAV operations, including training for new employees
- Execute drone operations over farmland in a safe and efficient manner
- Understand and execute flight plans
- Address potential hazards in the field
- Understand thresholds for quality imagery and implement QC on location
- Ability to adapt to circumstances in the field
- Collect UAV research data at research sites, ensuring high quality practices are followed.
- Install and test advanced sensing technology at research sites.
- Be operationally responsible for field technology team hardware and supplies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. with 3 years of relevant work experience or M.S. with 1 year experience in a technical discipline, in an agricultural and environmental discipline preferred.
- Part 107 UAV license and knowledge of UAV operations.
- Experience with or ability to quickly learn new crop sensor technology
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and technology aptitude
- Ability to operate independently and accomplish goals.
- Good communication skills for working with remote employees and vendors.
- Willingness to travel >50% of the time during the summer field months.
What we offer:
- Work that makes an impact on food sustainability and climate change
- Competitive package in a growth-stage, disruptive startup
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work from home office
- Opportunity to work with a talented and fun team developing a revolutionary product.