About Pivot Bio
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
We are seeking an experienced formulation scientist to lead the development of innovative microbial products in agricultural applications. The formulation scientist will be responsible for formulation and manufacturing process development at all stages of product development and commercialization for different microbial product modalities. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative formulations for shelf-stable and seed-applied products, support product registration and field trial planning, provide input in customer training.
- Lead and participate in the formulation recipe and process development for novel nitrogen-producing microbes from the lab through final development and commercial.
- Leverage comprehensive physiochemical knowledge of microbial product candidates and excipients to create long shelf life formulations, protect maximum product efficacy and improve crop and seed delivery rates.
- Develops analytical methods to support biophysical characterization, formulation and process development, and research stability testing.
- Designs and executes multivariate studies of different formulations of a particular product; utilizes robust statistical methods for study design and data analysis.
- Support design of field trials for proper testing of commercial and prototype formulation, pilot studies and evaluation of prototypes to compare reactions of customers to proposed formulations.
- Assist with scale-up from development to production quantities, in collaboration with plant production personnel.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Food Science, Biomolecular Engineering, Biophysics, or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Expertise in formulation science and process development from the pharmaceutical, agrochemical or food sector is preferred; specific areas of interest include colloid and dispersion science, emulsion and suspension chemistry, coatings, polymers, and process development to make solid and liquid formulation.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with microbial formulations, bioanalytical method development, and microbial product development are preferred.
- Prior experience of successful research and commercialization of biological products is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams, and with management and customers to understand new opportunities that will address complex sets of needs
- Enthusiasm for innovation with a motivation for making contributions in a team environment is necessary