Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read more about Pivot Bio in Grist or Wired.
Position: Strategic Account Manager, flexible location. Iowa preferred.
We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager who will establish, maintain and expand relationships with farm operations of 8,000 or more general acres. Putting farmers first is central to our business, and this role will be a critical partner to our largest farm operators. Our ideal candidate will be driven by the desire to help farmers achieve better outcomes and will have the expertise to work with the first nitrogen-producing microbial product for US corn farmers.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with customers operating 8,000 or more general acres
- Effectively develops solutions across teams, including support, service and management resources, in order to meet and exceed account performance objectives and customer expectations
- Leads one-year and multi-year strategic account planning processes; developing performance objectives, financial targets and identifying critical milestones
- Work with Channel Development staff and Technical Service Managers to assist with dealer expansion, customer engagement, tactical planning and team coaching/collaboration
- Assists with continual product improvement by investigating product reliability claims and effectively communicating observations and findings to headquarters.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum ten years of strategic sales experience within the agriculture industry
- Strong understanding of ag inputs and diverse application practices, including in-furrow and seed treatment processes
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80%
What we offer:
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team