About Pivot Bio
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Position: Technical Services Field Managers, based in Minnesota preferred
We are looking for experienced Technical Services Field Managers to assist Pivot Bio customers with commercial sales, product education and issue resolution. As a critical member of our Marketing and Commercial team, this role will help positively impact our sales, customers and channel partners while also bringing timely on-the-ground perspective about our product strengths and needed improvements to our Development team.
- Responsive to customer needs, making frequent, often short notice, visits to customers and channel partners.
- Resolves problems by assisting, coaching, and/or training growers on technical problem investigation and solution implementation.
- Builds and develops relationships with prospective and current customers, service and technical channel partners in assigned regions.
- Credibly, openly and accurately communicates capabilities as well as limitations of Pivot Bio products.
- Assists with continual product improvement by investigating product reliability claims and effectively communicating observations and findings to headquarters.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong understanding of ag inputs and diverse application practices, including in-furrow and seed treatment processes.
- Customer oriented, with a demonstrated ability to respect and earn the respect of, farmers and channel partners.
- Demonstrated track record of effective working relationships with channel partners
- 10+ years experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting.
- Understands GPS technology; experience with precision farming products preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self starter, reliable and able to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80% within assigned area.
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team