Manager, Industrial Support
The Manager, Industrial Support will help design, deploy, and manage support strategies for mission-critical EV charging infrastructures utilizing Express Plus, CPE250 and other products in the ChargePoint hardware suite. This role will lead a team of Industrial Support Engineers, and partner/influence internal and external engineering and field assets to ensure high uptime customers are properly served 24x7 around the globe. The ideal candidate will have a balance of field experience from an electrical (preferable) or general engineering background with strong business acumen, in addition to strong leadership skills. This Manager will also be called upon to engage with customers directly both remotely and face to face. As a key member of the ChargePoint Customer Support team, this role will have direct influence in the future of ChargePoint’s Industrial Support engagements
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Strong technical (preferably electrical engineering) skills applicable to the EV charging industry.
- Experience with high-power/high-output electrical design, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ability to take high level concepts and develop into concrete plans that are applicable globally to industrial support customers.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and direct reports to set performance objectives and goals.
- Independent and goal-oriented in owning the customer experience for new department development
- Drive external field vendors to ensure operational excellence with installation and maintenance of EV charging stations.
- Lead and develop Industrial Support team.
- Provide timely guidance, encouragement and coaching to direct reports to help strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to achieve highest performance.
- Plan, communicate, delegate and monitor work assignments/special projects concerning direct reports.
- Respond to escalated issues and interacts with various groups, including Technology, Product Management, Program Management and Sales to resolve.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly status reports for management and put processes into place that will ensure SLAs are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, business, or technology related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer support center environment with increasing responsibilities including management experience and leadership
- 5+ years’ experience (direct or indirect) with field services and tradesmen
- Experience managing field labor partners using influence and contract terms within an energy sector organization.
- Experience and insight to support large scale fleet customers
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, problem solving, conflict management, planning, and delegating
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, familiar with Salesforce, CRM and case management systems.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to project manage international and cross-functional projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Travel up to 25%
- Potential for 24x7 response based on case severity and customer needs.