With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is in the midst of a tipping point and becoming reality. ChargePoint is at the center of the e-mobility revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. Whether it's to ride, driver or deliver on electric fuel, we bring together people, vehicle fleets, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by more than half a billion dollars in funding from investors, including Quantum Energy Partners, GIC, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, Daimler, Siemens, Linse Capital, American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Rho Capital Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and shaping a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that built the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Vice President, Customer Support
What You Will Be Doing
The Director of Service Program Management will oversee programs critical to the success of high-quality Customer Support, our ability to scale and/or initiatives that enhance or protect our reputation in the marketplace. The job requires exceptional communication and documentation skills and the ability to productively collaborate with our internal teams, vendors or customers to effect positive outcomes and on time deliverables. This position requires the ability to take initiative, research and solve problems, independently and in collaboration with other teams. Because many of these programs may involve high levels of expense or capital, the Director must be capable of managing costs and understanding contract deliverables and possess the ability to manage vendors (if applicable) to expected performance levels.
This position handles and is expected to protect all internal confidential information and may need to utilize discretion and judgement based on company policies and procedures.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Provide planning, leadership and tactical management for ChargePoint’s support programs
- Achieve effective and ongoing communication with peers, employees and Executive leadership within ChargePoint and equally among our customers and partners.
- Responsible for Customer Support programs/projects specific to corporate change initiatives that have significant impact on how the company does business.
- Collaborates with Support management and internal company resources to set performance objectives and goals.
- Responsible for ensuring successful completion of projects and program objectives.
- Serves as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives.
- Communicates, influences and negotiates both vertically and horizontally to obtain or leverage necessary resources.
- Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control.
- Ensures clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/project roles.
- Develop, maintain, and report on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Works closely with numerous business partners including technology, learning, contact center leaders and others on changes with people, process and technology
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly status reports for management and put processes into place that will ensure program objectives are met.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of Statements of Work, documenting deliverables, delivering or enforcing delivery to commitments
- Strong business centric mindset with ability to utilize sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes.
- Leadership experience with small to mid-size teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Support environment with increasing responsibilities including supervision experience.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, problem solving, conflict management, planning, and delegating
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, familiar with Salesforce, CRM and case management systems.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to travel (domestic & international), up to 20%
- Experience with integrating various business applications and/or develop process automation.
- Experience in heavy industrial equipment and/or power electronics industries preferred.
- Positive attitude who likes to make the work place fun, and sees all problems as opportunities and comes up with solutions that are outside of the box.
- Person who is never satisfied by the status quo and continually understand new tools and trends that impact their space.
- Able to prioritize multiple demands and understand when to take necessary risks for appropriate rewards.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity,