Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced designer to complement our design team! You love all aspects of design, but are particularly drawn to packaging, print and digital (email, social media, landing pages)–and you have a strong portfolio that showcases all three. Ideally, you’ve worked in-house or agency-side with Creative and Art Directors, creating designs that are both visually compelling and strategic. In this role, you’ll conceptualize, design, and produce communications and experiences that resonate with our customers and reflect the personality of the Imperfect brand.
- Own multi-disciplinary design projects, from concept to delivery
- Design, layout, and organize production-ready print and digital communications, such as: weekly box inserts, weekly emails, partnership collateral, event invites, signage, templates, web pages, SWAG (T-shirts, mugs, etc.), advertisements, promotional materials, charts, infographics, letterheads, and special projects and initiatives as needed
- Design food and beverage packaging for our private label product range
- Help design and style assets, GIFs, videos, stories, posts for social media
- Maintain and manage brand assets, files, fonts, and all design related artwork
- Provide design support to all teams including Brand, Supply, Operations, People, Growth, and Email
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4-6 years of professional graphic design experience in either an agency or in-house environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in graphic design, fine arts, or related field
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to illustrate and sketch
- Experience working within established design systems and brand guidelines
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage packaging, substrates, and packaging printing processes
- Experience in print production - ability to prepare, export and send files to print error-free
- Animation/motion design a plus
- Creative and curious, always interested in learning new things
- Flexible, since the startup environment keeps us on our toes
- Kind, since we Lead with Heart at Imperfect
- Ambitious, since this role will shepherd many facets of design at Imperfect
- Strategic, because our designs aren’t one-offs–they’re thoughtfully crafted to complement and support our brand
- Able to receive and give design feedback/critiques in a group setting and present your work with rationale to key stakeholders
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Design
- Position based out of our San Francisco headquarters in the Bayview district
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Opportunity to work from home regularly
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets