Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is looking for a rockstar accountant who loves solving problems, digging into the details, and well…is not the typical bean-counter. The ideal candidate is comfortable performing complex accounting duties that require a high level of understanding Accounts Payable and General Ledger, who is always on a quest to learn more. S/he is comfortable working cross-functionally and serving as a liaison between external suppliers and non-accounting personnel. If you’re a self-starter ready to roll up your sleeves and produce results, we want to hear from you!
- Managing high volume full-cycle AP workflow
- Maintain vendor records and invoice filing systems to assist with external audits
- Review 3-way PO matching and resolve any discrepancies with external teams and vendors
- Serves as a liaison on all AP inquiries and communications between external suppliers and non-accounting personnel including invoice approval, reimbursement policies, etc
- Assist with month close duties including journal entries and reconciliation
- Assist with weekly check runs
- Other role-related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis on full-cycle Accounts Payable
- Experience implementing and interpreting GAAP and standard accounting practices
- Proficient with 10-key, Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and NetSuite
- Experience in retail/e-commerce industry is desirable
- You’re comfortable working in a start-up environment and enjoy problem-solving
- You’re known to have a degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- You have excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- You’re comfortable working cross-functionally and explaining processes and procedures to non-accounting personnel
- You’re able to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment with minimal supervision
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Controller
- Based out of our San Francisco Headquarters in the Bayview district
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Flexible work schedule
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets