Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
The People Business Partner (HR) is responsible for daily operations of aligning business objectives with employees and management across our team in the San Francisco Bay Area, including both exempt and non-exempt employee populations. The People Business Partner acts as an employee champion and an advocate for the business. In this role, the candidate will assess and anticipate employee relations needs and happenings, while communicating proactively with People and Operations in delivering integrated solutions.
- Responsible for aligning business objectives with people solutions in the organizations they support. Successful PBPs act as a business professional, employee champions, and change agents
- Forms effective relationships with area leadership, department heads, managers and employees providing People guidance when appropriate
- Mentors and coaches managers and other People Team Members
- Analyzes trends and KPIs in partnership with the People Ops group to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Works closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Able to support both exempt and non-exempt populations, creating a positive, collaborative, and cohesive work environment
- Provides guidance and input on department restructuring, workforce planning and succession planning to support the business strategy
- Identifies learning needs for individuals and/or departments’ needs
- Participates in the evaluation and monitoring of learning solutions to ensure success. Follows up to ensure learning and development objectives are met
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent field
- At least 5 years of Human Resources experience, including working knowledge of HR services (employee relations, labor relations, performance management, compensation, talent management and recruitment, organizational development, employment law)
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, project management, collaboration, and matrix management skills
- Experience working with exempt and non-exempt populations concurrently
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication (written and verbal)
- Overall business acumen, ethical decision making, and relationship management skills
- You anticipate people’s needs before they do
- You keep projects moving forward – whether it’s organizing a dinner party or rolling out a new policy for a company
- You’re all about employee engagement
- You’re a natural problem-solver, detail-oriented and highly organized
- You thrive in autonomous, independent and unsupervised environments
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting remotely to the VP of People
- Position based out of our San Francisco Headquarters in the Bayview
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel to new and existing local facilities required as needed
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.