EVmatch is an early-stage startup that’s revolutionizing electric vehicle (EV) charging through a peer-to-peer charging network. EVmatch is on a mission to accelerate EV adoption by making charging easy, reliable, and accessible to all.
Help grow an electric vehicle charging network in Silicon Valley, CA!
Job Title: Sales Specialist
- Part-time consultant, 20 hrs/week
- Location: Remote/home office, San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- $20 per hour + sales commission
- 9-month position with possible extension
- Flexible hours and location
- Attendance at some weekend and evening events
Company Description: EVmatch (www.evmatch.com) is an early-stage startup that’s revolutionizing electric vehicle (EV) charging through a peer-to-peer charging network. EVmatch’s app-based service allows individuals to rent out their private charging stations and supports widespread EV adoption. EVmatch currently supports residential charging hosts and commercial charging hosts with integrated EV supply equipment (EVSE) nationwide.
EVmatch is a nationwide EV charging network based in Santa Barbara, CA that launched its service in 2017. Through a partnership with Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE), the company is identifying multi-unit dwellings (MUDs) within SVCE’s service territory as locations to install and operate EV charging stations on the EVmatch network. The effort will support increased access to EV charging infrastructure for both MUD residents and the general public.
Position Description: This position is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable startup experience and learn about the emerging EV industry. The Sales Specialist will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Specialist to conduct a sales campaign to recruit MUDs within SVCE’s territory to install EV charging. The consultant will serve as the company’s local sales representative, researching potential customers and conducting in-person and phone sales. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and qualifying prospective multi-family residential and commercial site host leads
- Managing and maintaining a robust pipeline of leads
- Conducting phone and door-to-door sales
- Proactively calling new leads and maintaining a high level of outbound communication
- Identifying, initiating and nurturing relationships with prospects; demonstrating via online or in-person presentations, and closing deals over the phone, via email, and in-person
- Closing sales; converting prospective leads into paying customers
- Documenting account activity and client information
- Attending and exhibiting at community events
- Supporting customers throughout the onboarding process and serving as a local representative to provide in-person customer service as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience, ideally in sales
- Proven aptitude for generating leads and managing sales pipeline with a history of consistent over-quota achievement of sales goals and maintenance of customer loyalty over time
- Excellent presentation and verbal communications skills
- A professional business manner, positive energy, and team-oriented attitude
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Discipline to manage time effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience working remotely from team, with strong aptitude for self-managing
- Tech-savvy, including familiarity with CRMs, Google products, Slack, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of EV charging industry and EVSE
- Basic understanding of electricity, electricity metering, and electric utility rate structures
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
EVmatch is on a mission to accelerate EV adoption by making charging easy, reliable, and accessible to all.