Why this role?
- Work on ending the climate crisis. Help us build a product that gets millions of people to do something about climate change. Each feature grows our impact.
- Be Wren’s employee #1—build the foundation for our engineering team. You will be our first full time engineer! All three cofounders code, but you’ll be the best engineer in the room and in charge of many decisions that will shape our future.
- Build a lot of cool features. Because we're so new, everything you do will be a core part of our product.
- Choose your future. You will grow with us - Wren is still just beginning, and you will shape our trajectory as well as your own. As we grow, you'll be able to grow into your dream role and shape the future of the product as well as the company.
What you'll do
- Build new product features from start to finish: from first MVP to fully polished, frontend and backend
- Optimize performance and improve site reliability when necessary
- Provide input on our product roadmap, and help spec features from high level concepts to actionable tasks
- Shape our engineering culture and improve our processes for development, deployment, and monitoring
- Probably more, we're a startup and you never know what kind of adventures pop up :)
This might be for you if...
- You have been a technical lead for a complex web application that served thousands of users
- You're comfortable taking mockups and high level concepts and turning them into working product. Even better if you can help teammates do the same, and break up big tasks into simpler ones
- You have a growth mindset and are happy learning new things, especially when they're important for the team's success
- You're comfortable with written communication and working with remote team members asynchronously
- You're mission driven and want to help build solutions to the climate crisis
- Bonus: You're familiar with React, NodeJS, Postgres, Docker, and/or Kubernetes (this is our stack)
- Extra Bonus: you like functional programming but aren't too overzealous about it
This position offers competitive pay (cash and equity), health insurance, and a monthly stipend on Cherry 🍒with a curated selection of perks. You can work anywhere—remote, in-person, or a mix of both! Vacation time is flexible.