At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Planner will be responsible for the planning and smooth running of production processes in a manufacturing company. This will include to create a schedule work to maintain a proper inventory to fulfill demand requirements which works closely with the Supply Chain manager or director.
- Develops prospects for supply of company materials, goods and services with the specific function to support the R&D efforts
- Places purchase orders and maintains various other Excel- and NetSuite-based reports
- Identify, escalate, and resolve material shortages before they affect production
- Updates PO delivery status and notifies departments impacted by late deliveries
- Works closely with Quality Assurance and suppliers to ensure quality on-boardingis performed and new supplies meet all requirements for product specifications, testing, capacity and scalability
- Facilitates return of merchandise to supplier due to quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
- Works closely with Quality team to maintain Approved Vendors List and on-boardingof new vendors
- Supports Manufacturing with planning efforts to ensure appropriate levels of raw materials at various manufacturing sites
- Supports inventory control to plan safety stock levels of finished goods
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned periodically by Supply Chain Director
- 2+ years of experience in Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain or Manufacturing
- B.S. degree preferred with emphasis Operations, Supply Chain Management, or other applicable field
- Experience planning within the food industry preferred
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Instinctive critical thinker with an understanding of supply chain management concepts - forecasting, supply planning, and inventory optimization
- Capable of presenting data and analyses in an organized, clear, and concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Intermediate MS Excel knowledge (pivot tables, V-lookup, complex formulas, conditional formatting, and data validation)
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment while juggling multiple projects and competing priorities
- Office environment
- Heavy email and phone usage, sitting and some travel
Salary Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.