At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Production Supervisor’s primary role/position is to ensure that all food products are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is safely produced at the right cost and level of quality. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the planning, coordination, and control of the manufacturing processes to meet the Company’s goals. The Production Supervisor will provide leadership to the production team and supervise the production team in all aspects of manufacturing (production, maintenance, quality, warehousing, and transportation) to ensure optimal output of core processes while maintaining a quality focus and a safe environment.
- Manage and supervise production lines, personnel, and production issues in support of a rapid expansion plan
- Monitor and maintain production standards for efficiencies, continuous improvement, safety and quality
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and maintaining safe, quality food by following good manufacturing practices, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and promoting cooperation within and between departments
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift summaries
- Manage constraints to maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, root cause analysis and driving corrective actions
- Oversee Company sanitation program and related procedures for pre-production, production and shutdown periods
- Monitor day-to-day manufacturing for SOP execution, assisting the operation with any required support
- Identify production- training needs and work with departmental managers to implement the Company’s training goals and requirements; review production team performance
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safety-first culture
- Supervise and motivate the production team while being proactive in providing feedback opportunities for team members and requesting feedback on leadership
- Embraces and effectively coaches others on the importance of change and understands the positive role it plays in achieving business goals
- Supervise work performed by the production team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or Engineering (Process, Mechanical or Industrial) or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Workforce Management, Diverse Workforce
- Knowledge of Food Safety, GMP, and SOP’S.
- Leadership skills focused on results, employee engagement, decision making, teamwork and change management. The ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence. The ability to effectively present information to groups and to respond to inquiries from peers, supervisors, and managers.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- The Production Supervisor requires the following break out of a typical day: 80% production supervision and 20% desk duties
- Work flexible shifts as required by the process
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Other Duties
- Production, warehouse floor, and office environment within the Columbia, MO plant
- Shift: 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.