At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Commercialization team is seeking an outstanding individual to join Beyond Meat to assist innovation leadership team to manage projects at the company’s headquarters in El Segundo, CA. The candidate will be a resident expert for driving talent development and effect innovative technologies working with the team and operators. This position comprises primary responsibility for projects development through the commercialization phases. The ideal candidate has excellent engineering, analytical, strategic, and leadership skills to lead the development of engineering processes in an innovative food company, and an excellent record of impactful contributions as a Project Manager.
- Position will be based in El Segundo, CA but will cover multiple locations across the U.S. and requires a significant understanding of the business side of a Food Company as well as the ability to effectively communicate with and lead cross-functional resources.
- Travel is required to internal and co-manufacturer manufacturing plants, vendors, suppliers, engineering service providers, and any other sites required to successfully execute projects. Travel may involve domestic and international. 10% to 20% projected travel.
- Position reports directly to the Director of PMO
- Position interacts frequently with leadership across all areas of the business.
- External interaction will include, however, is not limited to, internal functional groups, equipment vendors, construction contractors, engineering services contractors, local / state / federal government agencies, and co-manufacturing organizations.
- This person is recognized as an expert in Project Management and has demonstrated significant accomplishments and contributions to meet business initiatives.
- This position will manage a range of medium to large projects.
- Execute assigned projects by utilizing workflows with Commercialization, Innovation and Operations Groups
- Execute project initiatives to ensure that all projects are completed to meet business needs.
- Responsible to ensure that all project planning, deliverables, reporting, and spending forecasts are managed accurately and that all projects are delivered within cost, schedule, and performance success criteria.
- 2+ years of total experience in Food Manufacturing with 5+ years of Project Management experience, leading projects from beginning to end.
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Formal multi-disciplinary project management training or certifications.
- A track record of managing several large scale capital projects and a progression through multiple roles in the Food Manufacturing industry.
- The candidate must possess excellent leadership, organizational, communication, problem-solving, and conflict management skills.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.