At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Innovation team is seeking an outstanding individual to join Beyond Meat to assist innovation leadership team to manage projects at the company’s headquarters in El Segundo, CA. The candidate will be a resident expert for driving talent development and effect innovative technologies working with the team and operators. This position comprises primary responsibility for special projects development from the initial concept through final commercialization phases. The ideal candidate has excellent scientific, analytical, strategic, and leadership skills to lead the development of engineering processes in an innovative food company, and an excellent record of impactful contributions as a Pilot Plant Manager for R&D programs.
- Manage Innovation projects either individually or as a member of a team
- Lead continuous improvement within supplier organization
- Proven knowledge of downstream as well as a general knowledge of preparation techniques
- Ambitious and technically-minded, with strong social and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new systems and applications, and various purification techniques
- Work effectively in team and/or project environments; possess strong math and computer skills, as well as the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
- Responsible for the improvement of the raw material and ingredient quality and guarantee with the buyers the quality of the raw materials delivered to our plants
- Develop a close functional relationship with team members to review projects, contribute information, and provide suggestions regarding product-processing and product development work
- Understand and comply with all relevant food and safety regulations in pilot and food manufacturing environments
- Driving for results with a bias for action and ensure global consistency and follow-through of the programs
- Direct the management of cross-functional leadership teams; facilitating, coordinating and leading teams to complete a variety of technical program plans, tasks and landmarks
- Set the cadence and content for program creation and reviews
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
- Previous managerial experience directly leading people and/or experience in leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Must have previous experience in the Food industry, FDA, USDA regulations
- Experience in an production environment that focuses on extrusion
- Sanitation safety
- Depending on the role, the work setting involves an office, warehouse, and production areas.
- May require lifting items up to 50 lbs. and production floor duties
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.