At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Regional Field Marketing Manager Europe will play an influential role within the Beyond Meat Field Marketing Team, helping to promote and push the limits of what field marketing team can achieve. At Beyond Meat, we have learned that “Tasting is Believing” when it comes to our products, and sampling is our best vehicle to win consumers. The objective of the RFMM is to build grassroots consumer buzz and excitement for The Beyond Meat brand with a great product / brand experience.
The RFMM’s primary role will be to provide expertise, guidance, and; leadership through daily interactions with the regions’ Brand Ambassadors. This position will be responsible for program management within the designated markets, demo / event management, tradeshows, and reporting. The position will collect and share key learnings, best practices, and present efficiencies as we expand into and develop new territories. This position reports the Global Field Marketing Manager with a dotted line to the European Marketing Director and Regional Sales Manager Europe.
- Hire, Train, and Manage team of Brand Ambassadors responsible for in-store demos, event activations, tradeshows, and experiential campaigns across Europe
- Managing Beyond Meats marketing activity in the region with tools to measure and track accountability; including budget, product, and asset inventory
- Ownership of all event sponsorships, negotiations, logistics, and activations within region
- Understanding the dynamics in the markets of the region, providing insight and direction to develop marketing solutions to promote and build the Beyond Meat brand
- Working closely with the Global Field Marketing Manager, European Regional Sales Manager, Distribution Partners, and Retailers to establish and implement successful marketing programs, campaigns and materials to profitably increase market share for Beyond Meat
- Manage budget allocation for the markets in the region in relation to organization scorecard goals and activation expectation
- Keep abreast and report on products, category, innovation, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends
- Identify opportunities to improve consumer experience both in store and in market
- Building relationships with Micro-Influencers, Event Organizers, and Properties
- Other related duties as assigned
- Experience leading a field marketing team and managing remote employees
- University degree with 3+ years of experience in Field Marketing
- Valid drivers license
- 3 -5 Years of relevant CPG marketing experience
- Working knowledge of Importer and Distributer relationships
- Ability to fluently speak English and German, additional languages a plus
- Demonstrated consumer-led mindset, while also able to take other stakeholders’ perspective (shopper, retail partner, BYND management, etc)
- Strong planning, project management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills. Fluency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with store managers, customers, and brokers; excellent managing time, priorities and expenses
- Creative problem-solver and strategic thinker who bring passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas
- Team player and flexible
- Communication-using computer and phone, with potential for significant travel (1-2 weeks/month)
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.