At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Sanitation Manager will provide technical expertise in plant sanitation to deliver results for the company in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Cost. The role consults with management, production personnel, and any relevant third-party service providers on sanitation issues.
- Leads activities of workers engaged in sanitation duties in the plant and evaluate for performance management and employee development
- Develop and drive sanitation strategy by identifying long-term goals, leveraging resources, and delivering objectives through cross-functional alignment
- Recommend changes or suggestions with existing or proposed equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards
- Inspects materials, equipment, and plant for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to correct deficiencies
- Leads third party contract services for sanitation chemicals, pest control, etc. to ensure delivery of contract and drive for continuous improvement
- Tracks sanitation costs and manages department as a business
- Provide leadership and training for production personnel to complete production line and facility sanitation as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule, Daily Tasks, Maintenance Work Schedule, and Production Schedule
- Initiate and execute cleaning verification and validation programs to prove effectiveness of Sanitation program not limited to environmental monitoring, ATP, and micro data, etc.
- Conducts annual CIP validations for proper flow, concentration levels, and temperatures systems to ensure effective product safety and sanitation design
- Education: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering, MBA, or relevant work experience
- Specialized Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of HACCP, Microbiology, Chemical Safety, MSDS, Pest Control, 5S, RCA, GMP, FDA/USDA and Food Safety, SSOP’s
- Understand and comply with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA, USDA, and EPA
- Leadership skills, focused on results, employee’s engagement, decision making, team work, change management.
- Strong PC skills includes MS office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, and general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence.
- The ability to effectively present information to groups and respond to questions from peers, supervisors and managers is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.