Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Accounting @ Scoop
We’re adding a Senior Accountant to lead day-to-day accounting operations, reporting to the Head of Accounting. This position will play a key role in preparing for Scoop’s first year audit along with designing recurring business reporting and month-end close documentation.
In this role you will:
- Execute accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process including journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analysis
- Prepare GAAP financial statements, document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Assist in documentation of technical accounting treatment for complex accounting transactions
- Partner with the Head of Accounting to drive process improvements and creation of monthly close packages
- Partner with FP&A and cross-functional teams to provide high quality information to drive optimal business decisions
- Assist in the preparation, planning and execution of the first year audit
You should have:
- A Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience, 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred
- CPA or working toward CPA
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP; strong accounting research and principle application abilities. This role will require writing for management recommendations as well as internal and external accounting documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; highly detail oriented
- Netsuite experience highly preferred, but experience with a similar ERP is a must
You might also:
- Have experience at Series B to Series D stage startups
- Have a mastery of Microsoft Excel and G-Suite
- Excel in fast-changing, high growth environments
- Are highly coachable and looking to level-up your ability to lead with excellence
- Can teach non-accountants about how their work impacts our financial statements
Life @ Scoop
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered — starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
Walk into Scoop and you’ll find a furry, tail-wagging welcoming committee. In many ways these fluffy faces exemplify the energy that flows through our office. They are a reminder that while we’re focused and driven, we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. They also help bridge the gap between our homes and our workplace, just like a Scoop carpool.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms — blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks and fast thinking.
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work — and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.