StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 3,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
Our clients are starting to adopt Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter and succeed in this high-potential industry. That means we need experienced, sophisticated sales professionals who can close complex deals while educating clients.
The Government Account Representative will identify and sell to government customers in the transportation and urban planning sectors. The Government Account Representative has a proven track record of successfully achieving and surpassing quota goals, and has demonstrated success at identifying new, high-value opportunities. Previous experience selling to engineering, construction, transportation, government agencies, and/or architecture is desired.
Location: This is a remote role, ideally located in Texas, Colorado, or another surrounding state in the south central United States within the territory it supports
- Develop comprehensive business plans and drive the execution of selling strategies in order to grow revenue while forming strong relationships with customers
- Design and execute account plans to surpass goals and revenue targets
- Manage and develop key partnerships to expand business in both current and new geographies
- Drive sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts and value-added solutions in your assigned territory
- Foster strong partnerships with new prospects and partners
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and new developments, and utilize this information for business development and improvement.
- Manage revenue goals in your assigned territory and accounts
- Conduct ongoing meetings and events with key customer decision-makers with the goal of uncovering and closing new opportunities
- Attend relevant industry trade shows to identify new prospective customers, and promptly follow up on leads from various sources
- Consistently maintain sales opportunity and customer status information in StreetLight Data’s customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Provide accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasts in your specified territory
- Process customer transactions such as orders, quotas, and sales contracts accurately and on a timely basis
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quotas
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing or engineering
- 10 + years of experience in complex sales to global customers in a recognized technology industry, transportation, urban planning, or architectural-related field. Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies is highly desirable
- Proven over-achievement with responsibility for a multimillion dollar quota
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial "start-up" environment
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team selling environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be fluent in English
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences
- Strong financial skills and experience in creating new business opportunities
- Multi-tasking and critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% as needed to achieve objectives
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.