StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 3,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
StreetLight Data is seeking a creative, versatile, and motivated Operations Engineer to be part of our growing team. This team member will work with the Director of Operations and IT to maintain and expand our hosted cloud operations, as well as support our growing Development, QA and Support teams. This position reports to the Director of Operations and IT.
Location: this role is an in-office position that can be based in our Richmond, VA, San Francisco, CA, or Vancouver, Canada offices.
- Ensure smooth operations for our hosted cloud servers and applications
- Improve and expand our current tools and processes for security, back-ups, monitoring and resource management
- Research, design and implement new solutions as needed
- Expand cloud operations for our planned European expansion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation, and execute after-hours product deployments and maintenance
- Interface with vendors and contractors for outsourced functions
- Work effectively with Engineering, QA and Operations/IT team members, and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of tools and processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with Linux environments, including extensive shell scripting (bash)
- 2+ years of experience in cloud environment administration (GCP preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Quick learner, able to work independently and also on a team
- Ability to reliably deliver results on deadline and quickly adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to solve critical issues quickly and manage unplanned work efficiently
- Optional: GCP certified (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect)
Hands-on experience with the following technologies is a big plus:
- GCP (IAM, Security, Compute Engine, Storage, Monitoring, Logging, VPC Network, Network Services, Network Security, Kubernetes Engine)
- Git, JIRA/Confluence
- Pager Duty
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.