StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 3,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
A newly created position at StreetLight Data, the Transportation Platform Training Specialist will be responsible for training StreetLight’s customers at transportation agencies, engineering firms and private transportation firms to ensure adoption and usage of the StreetLight Data platform. By developing and delivering product and transportation use case training sessions to StreetLight’s customers via a variety of channels including at the customer’s offices, via live webinars, videos and online courses, you will play a critical role in our company’s commitment to customer care and customer satisfaction.
StreetLight is looking for an intelligent, energetic and articulate Training Specialist to deliver live and online training programs to our growing customer base. This opportunity will be based in our Richmond, VA office and initially report into our COO. In this position, you will:
- Develop expert understanding of our industry-leading big data and analytics platform for transportation, including data sources, features, functions and metrics
- Develop expert understanding of customer use cases across the transportation fields of planning, modeling, traffic operations, safety and more
- Master StreetLight’s existing training materials, strive to improve them through insights you glean in each training session you deliver, and continuously add, enhance and revise training content to ensure improved new customer onboarding and increasing expertise by our users
- Participate in planning and developing new curriculum offerings for new product features for both internal and customer audiences to be delivered live in-person, virtually and through online self-service courses
- Partner with StreetLight’s Customer Success and Support teams to maintain high customer satisfaction and retention by delivering our customers the highest standards of care
- Up to 50% travel may be required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a technical field such as civil engineering, transportation planning, information technology or related.
- 2-5 years experience in technical training or related customer-facing role
- Ability and willingness to develop product expertise for StreetLight Data’s mobility platform, applications and new products as they come online. This position is expected to continuously learn and take pride in their grasp of product, technology and transportation industry knowledge and their ability to teach it to others
- Intelligent, articulate and gifted in helping others understand complex topics
- Coachable and open to feedback, both internally and on the fly from your audience
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, multitasking environment that requires rapid context switches for successful execution
- Seeking to work collaboratively with a talented cross-functional team that is helping to improve quality of life and the environment for people where they live and work
- Strong presentation and communication skills in all forms, written, verbal, in person and through video
- Strong content development skills and use of related technologies required
- Experience with LMS platforms and/or developing and delivering curriculum for in-person or online courseware a strong plus
- Previous experience utilizing a GIS platform or similar technical software preferred
- Direct, personal experience delivering training to end-users in the transportation engineering industry or government agencies a strong plus
- Previous experience working in a B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software company a plus
- Even if you don’t meet every preferred qualification above but are passionate about providing customer care and education along with bringing new technology to the transportation industry, please feel free to apply
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.