Omnidian is the nation’s leading provider of residential solar protection plans, including a cash-back performance guarantee for new homeowners. We create Solar Without Fear™ for homeowners and help the nation’s leading Residential Solar Dealers accelerate sales as the market moves from Early Adopters to the Mass Market. Our state-of-the art proprietary technology provides continuous monitoring for residential solar systems (and large-scale residential portfolios) and offers the industry’s only end-to-end performance guarantee including proactive service alerts and field service for the life of residential solar systems through our nationwide network of field service partners. We give thousands of homeowners peace of mind and are a key drive in the accelerations of residential solar adoption nationwide.
The role of every engineer at Omnidian is to understand our customers, our business model, technology and how to use it, then collaborate with the team to produce business results. The job requires collaboration, independent thinking, good communication skills, self-motivation, and a desire to learn. As part of a small team in a technology-backed startup, there is lots of opportunity for major impact.
What You’ll Do
- Work with domain experts and customers to gain a deep understanding of the context
- Work with business leaders to understand our business model (We’re creating a brand new industry!)
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to define a path to success
- Deliver technology (both independently, as a team member) to support that path
- Be responsible for your own impact
- Contribute to every stage in the software development life cycle
- Work out of our vibrant and creative work-space in Seattle, WA
Who You Are
- You want to deliver software that results in business impact
- You have experience delivering quality software in a timely manner
- As a senior engineer, you have a diverse repository of software knowledge to draw from and can discover/learn new tools quickly
- You enjoy a dynamic and collaborative environment
- You are committed to excellence and integrity
- You have a growth-oriented mindset
Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus, but not required:
- Full-stack development
- Distributed/parallel computing
- Asynchronous message processing
- Service-oriented architecture
- AWS (or equivalent)
- Big data
- Time-series data
Work-Life at Omnidian
Based in the heart of Seattle, Washington, Omnidian offers a vibrant and creative workspace within walking distance from great restaurants, bus stops and the Seattle Ferry Terminal. In addition we offer:
· Comprehensive benefits including family medical, dental, vision, disability, paid parental leave, paid transit and 401(k)
· Dog-friendly and bike-friendly
· Hands down the best team you will ever work with!
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices as well as our office culture reflects this value.
Omnidian is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to age, ancestry, citizenship, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, political activity or affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.