Skip is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Vehicle Platform team, developing on-board code for our connected vehicle stack. You need strong software engineering skills, deep experience with either RTOS, Embedded Linux or Android and an ability to give and receive meaningful feedback on technical designs. You’ll work with our growing software team to develop the next generation of vehicles, optimizing for safety and reliability. The best candidates will have experience taking a consumer hardware product from concept to launch and support vehicles in the field through over-the-air (OTA) updates.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Shape Skip’s vehicle software platform roadmap (Android & Embedded)
- Help conceive, prototype, validate and maintain software for multiple hardware product lines
- Write beautiful, fault-tolerant code that scales well, both in operations per second and complexity
- Work in cross functional pods with backend engineers, product managers and program management using agile development to continuously deliver value to millions of users
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience shipping production software for a hardware product in a team setting
- Expertise in object-oriented and low-level embedded platforms
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.