At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.The role of Chief of Staff will be to act as a senior advisor to the Chief Innovation Officer across all strategic and operational initiatives, activities, deliverables and special projects. The role will support Innovation leaders to identify and implement priorities, timelines, strategic initiatives,and revisit them regularly to assess progress. You will act as a key thought partner for brainstorming and identifying solutions to challenges across Innovation.
- Assist in the development and execution of Innovation strategies in fulfillment of Beyond Meat’s Innovation team objectives.
- Facilitate a culture of innovation, collaboration, and appropriate risk-taking through personal example, mentorship, and accomplishments.
- Stay aware and current on latest scientific innovation in the Plant-based food sector and in allied fields.
- Maintain holistic oversight and responsibility for driving the Innovation portfolio forward, and balance of both long-term strategic vision and operational execution support.
- Plan leadership team retreats, developing objectives and agenda, coordinating with executive assistant on logistics.
- Coordinate the standing executive team meeting including meeting preparation, invitation of guests, meeting management and time keeping, minutes and action items.
- Oversee Innovation Strategy Development: define agenda, coordinate Research and Development leadership meetings including minutes and action items, execute strategic reviews.
- Mentor more junior team members through feedback on key decisions, issue resolution, and responses to challenges.
- Assist Innovation senior leadership with hiring decisions and provide oversight of overall headcount and resource deployment.
- Manage a variety of cross-organizational projects as Innovation representative within the company (i.e. formalizing the corporate strategic planning process, cultural initiatives, etc.).
- Respond to the day-to-day needs of the executive including preparing presentations and correspondence, attending internal or external meetings on behalf of executive, preparing talking points, taking notes at meetings the CIO attends.
- Coordinate internal and external Innovation team communications: drive transparency throughout research, facilitate connectivity, enable within-function and cross-functional reporting.
- Coordinate scientific activities within Innovation Team, including seminars, internal scientific meetings, advisory boards.
- Contribute to Innovation Portfolio Governance: deliver portfolio analytics, manage governance review, facilitate tracking and project management.
- Manage the overall research workflow, liaising within the team and beyond (e.g. Legal,Finance, HR, Procurement) to ensure that deliverables are provided on schedule, surface and resolve bottlenecks, and modify business processes to meet Beyond Meat’s evolving needs.
- Aligns goals with those of team members and collaborates towards their achievement.
- Help facilitate a culture of scientific knowledge sharing and exchange that provides learning opportunities for team members.
- Broad understanding of the technology development process, objectives, metrics, and how they serve Beyond Meat’s overall mission and business goals.
- Accurate and concise communication skills are essential.
- Proactive, resourceful, self-motivated, and possessing exemplary interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to act independently through complex cross-functional matrices and international sites is essential.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Passion for Beyond Meat’s mission, vision and values.
- Excellent general problem solving and project management skills, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and complex tasks.
- Ability to translate complex scientific topics to clear presentations and papers.
- Plans, coordinates, collates and reviews the work of assigned staff; assigns work activities and coordinates schedules, projects, and programs; provides constructive feedback; reviews and evaluates work and makes effective suggestions and recommendations.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.