At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEW
The Quality Assurance Supervisor plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for production processes, materials and products. This position supervises our Quality Techs to ensure that proper protocols, documentation and production and sanitation oversight are meeting Beyond Meat standards.
- Develops and maintains standards and methods for routine quality inspections and evaluations.
- Assists the quality team in developing and maintaining procedures and work instructions.
- Oversees root cause investigations and collaborates on corrective and preventive actions.
- Creates and manages training materials for Quality Techs and train new Quality Tech hires.
- Oversee plant pest control program and actively work with pest control provider on corrective actions and investigations.
- Review quality records for completion, accuracy, and adherence to internal specifications.
- Maintains and account for product and raw material holds and disposals.
- Provide necessary documentation or knowledge for internal and external audits.
- Work with team on proactively improving the quality department and production facility.
- This position manages all Quality Techs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of GMP, FDA/USDA and Food Safety, SOP's, SQF, knowledge of LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) desirable, AOAC
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Leadership skills, focused on results, employee engagement, decision making,teamwork.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong PC skills includes MS office programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, and general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence
- The ability to effectively present information to groups and respond to questions from peers, supervisors and managers is essential
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities within Quality Assurance
- Production, warehouse floor,and office environment within the Columbia, MO plant
- Shift: 1st 6 am - 2:30 pm
- Shift: 2nd, 2:00 pm -10:30 pm
- Shift: 3rd 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
- Overtime as required
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.