About Pivot Bio
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Field Agronomist
We are seeking a Field Agronomist to develop and lead late stage product evaluation trials to determine how our products can improve crop yield and meet the needs of cereal crop farmers. This role is an essential part of our commercialization team, bridging our research and discovery team and the growers we seek to support.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of late-stage field trials; location identification, grower/cooperator contracts, trial planting, in-season trial maintenance, harvesting and data collation
- Interact regularly with early adopters for both product evaluation and product support
- Support and facilitate commercial activities including product placement, marketing support, and sales staff training
- Develop and maintain relationships with universities for product validation in existing research programs
- Develop demo plots to support sales and marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with research and discovery colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products.
- Provide written agronomy research summaries that can be used to support product management, positioning, and field sales training
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools for evaluation of products as well as grower demonstrations.
- Travel up to 40% of the time.
Required skills, experience:
- Master’s or PhD in Agronomy or Horticulture related field preferred. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Horticulture related field plus at least five years’ field research experience required.
- Advanced field research planning, trial design and statistical analysis
- Strong background in agricultural field research and solid understanding of agricultural products including plant nutrition, organics, biologicals, crop protection chemicals and adjuvants/surfactants
- Strong practical knowledge of and experience with chemical applications, data capture/entry
- Ability to incorporate technology tools and systems (AgVerdict), remote sensing, aerial imagery etc into R&D trail work. Willingness to run proof of concept experiments with emerging technology tools (i.e. novel sensors).
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team