At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Financial Operations Associate, you will play an integral role in formulating Via’s global marketplace strategy as we push on achieving profitability and growth objectives. You will build financial analyses and operational processes that inform key strategic decisions and address challenges we face as a dynamic fast‐growing company. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary team to brainstorm, implement, and analyze solutions to optimize our service and ensure that it runs flawlessly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess the economic impact of current operational decision-making and initiatives
- Build, maintain, and improve financial models, data tools, and reporting processes used to evaluate critical data and make data-driven decisions
- Generate and implement creative ideas for Via’s driver platform to optimize profitability and performance
- Manage real-time operations with proprietary technology tools to ensure smooth execution
- Work cross-functionally with strategic finance, data science, product, engineering, driver growth, and rider experience teams globally as well as Via’s senior management
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done - no one will be counted on to execute faster or better
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to both crunch numbers and discuss your analysis
- Efficient, organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility and learning on the job
- Exceptional Excel and data synthesis skills with a knack for robust simplicity (Tableau and SQL experience a plus, but not required)
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Hands-on mentality with a focus on execution; you have a structured way of thinking and your attention to detail is excellent
- Team player; no task is ever too small and you always bring a great attitude
- Several years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting at a top-tier firm or in operations at a high‐growth company
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.