About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Sales team is charged with taking our technology to market, and effectively communicating the benefits and value to customers, suppliers, and consumers in order to drive commercial success for the company. We are seeking a dynamic and energetic sales leader who will own the Supply Side segment in the EU. You will lead sales initiatives to drive the next phase of our growth, and drive efficiencies and processes across all Sales teams in the region.
What You’ll Do
- Be an active member of Apeel’s sales team, with collective responsibility to maximize profitability, growth and market share of the company’s supplier ecosystem in the EU.
- Report directly to the VP, Supplier Sales and work closely to Apeel’s marketing, product and strategy team.
- Drive Apeel’s business at the grower and country level. Develop and implement the commercialization strategies with a special focus on targeted growers/suppliers in the region.
- Successfully build sales and profits in a “Best In Class” environment and not only prospect but also advance the process to contract execution.
- Follow market conditions on commodity items and develop supply-side contract and pricing strategies. Stay keenly aware of the market and competitors and provide insights to the company.
- Identify, onboard and manage grower partners and marketers. Maintain strong long-term relationships with growers. Negotiate grower contracts, agreements and partnerships.
- Develop superb communications and working relationships on a day-to-day basis with the grower’s category team leaders and produce sales staff. Oversee grower relationship with Apeel through grower’s procurement process.
- Build awareness globally around innovations within the Apeel grower community. Facilitate the exchange of knowledge between Apeel and growers by creating venues for the sharing of information.
- Interface with the Apeel Strategy team in the development and maintenance of technical solutions for collecting, aggregating, and disseminating data related to sales and grower packing house operations.
What You Bring
- Minimum ten years related experience with a leading grower, packer and shipper of conventional and organic fruits and vegetables. Experience with multiple fresh vegetable crops in the region and/or with buying or selling produce is a plus.
- An understanding of the produce business from growing to pricing, and the supply and distribution chains from the perspective of growers, packers/shippers, and major retail customers globally.
- Track record of developing and implementing successful sales programs with leading produce growers and packers on a 52-week basis.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the EU market developing and planning business development, identifying, prioritizing target segments, and developing effective plans to reach/sell priority segments.
- Demonstrated success in growing revenues, improving performance, and enhancing systems. Experience in selling advanced technology with longer sales cycles.
- Proven skills in direct marketing initiatives and relationship management with channel partners and end users.
- Outstanding communications, presentation and interpersonal skills. Foster new business relationships.
- Knowledge of quality and food safety best practices and standards and related government regulations in the EU as they relate to produce packing / shipping operations.
- Fluency in English and other globally important languages such as Spanish or Portuguese is desirable, but not required.
- Strong negotiation skills with growers with knowledge of their production and harvesting costs in terms of sales, product quality, and specs for produce.
- Advocacy for “team selling” involving other functional leaders and Apeel’s culture in general.
- Bachelor’s Degree is desirable; Master’s Degree (Business, Agricultural Business or related field) is a plus.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.