Ceres Imaging is a venture-backed company developing a technology that helps conserve water and fertilizer in farms. Specifically, we use aerial imagery and spectral image processing to monitor crop variables. The primary delivery mechanism for our imagery is a web application that allows customers to view the imagery of their fields over time (see the demo on our website). We help the farmer use this data to improve crop management practices like fertilizer application, irrigation schedules, stress/problem detection, and other applications. Currently we have a substantial funding, and paying customers throughout California and Australia.
We are seeking outstanding sales professionals to join the team as Account Executives. We're looking for salespeople who consistently exceed quota, have a hunter mentality, and experience/passion working in the Agriculture industry.
Agronomic background (working in agriculture or for an agriculture retailer or consultant) is highly preferred. The position is remote.
- Taking customers through the entire sales process, from lead generation to close (setting up demos, customer needs analysis and product package selection)
- Cultivating strategic partnerships and/or personal network to drive lead generation activity
- Working closely with channel sales partners to provide them necessary sales training and support and support with goal-setting
- Partnering with Customer Success and channel sales partners to provide ongoing support and additional products to customers
- 3+ years experience in sales (a mix of B2B and B2C is preferred). Experience in agriculture sales or software sales are both highly desired
- Experience in account management of sales partners is highly desired
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis (please provide proof in your application)
- Experience managing a large geographic territory and customer base
- Able to draw on specific examples of meeting quota or other quantifiable goals
- Agronomic background preferred, enthusiasm for Ag-tech space a must (and desire to stay current on market trends and competitive activity)
- Self-starter who is able to work in a ‘roll up your sleeves’ environment
- Good grasp for explaining technical concepts simply, very strong communication skills
- Extremely organized and proficient at pipeline management and follow-up
- Proficient with Salesforce, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Ceres Imaging offers competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, 401k, work from home Wednesdays, and other employee benefits such as an attractive equity package commensurate with candidate qualifications.
If you are interested in applying to this role, please provide your resume, cover letter and a small portfolio of work samples that showcase your writing skills.